Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"JaJa's are the hero's of Africa"

I heard a pastor make this statement and I'm sure it's true. We visited this JaJa at her home today. Four of her six daughters have died of AIDS and the remaining two, who are HIV positve live, with Jaja so she can care for them along with her 24 grandchildren. Her words have haunted me today. As we were leaving she asked "why is God punishing me? why is He not happy with me? why do I have to suffer so much?" The words have haunted me because I had absolutely no answer. I don't know why we live under the same blue sky and worship the same God, yet her life looks so different than mine......I do know that God has given me the opportunity to be His hands and feet to this JaJa by showing His love through sponsoring one of her 24 grandchildren. And maybe, just maybe, through the education he is getting his life will look different and he will be able to have a family of his own and watch them grow and love them with the same love his JaJa has shown him.

No comments:

Post a Comment